The 7th International Seminar on Regional Innovation Policies
INESC TEC, coordinated by INESC Porto, is organising an international event on Regional Innovation Policies. The event is called “RIP2012 – International Seminar on Regional Innovation Policies” and will take place between 11th and 13th October at INESC Porto and FEUP.
|Where||INESC Porto and FEUP|
|Contact Name||Organising Commission|
|Add event to calendar||
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PAPERS: 29 JUNE
How can Regions enhance EU Innovation Union commitments? The International RIP 2012 Seminar hopes to answer this question by placing emphasis on regions and acknowledging their relevant role in constructing sustainable competitive advantages for Europe.
Researchers, practitioners, public administration officers, students and other individuals interested in regional innovation policies, competitiveness and regional development are invited to actively take part in the event.
Articles (to be presented during the event) can be submitted on the following topics:
- Regional innovation systems and specific challenges for EU regions under Innovation Union commitments.
- Frontier versus follower regions and the scope of regional innovation policies.
- Territorially-intensive competitive advantages: creating value from cultural and natural assets.
- The role of universities in the promotion of regional development and innovation.
- Policy devising and practice based research in regional development processes.
The keynote speakers include David Wolfe, a professor at the University of Toronto Mississauga (Canada), Bjorn Asheim, a professor at the University of Lund (Sweden) and Marko Torkkeli, a professor at the Technological University of Lappeenranta (Finland) and guest researcher at the Innovation and technology Transfer Unit (UITT) at INESC TEC.
This event was funded by:
ON.2 – O Novo Norte